Friday 1 January 2016

Goals

Goals for 2015 were to run sub 30 minutes regularly at parkrun and to lose 100lbs. I did successfully lose 100lbs and I ran 19:38 at parkrun and can run 23 minutes or so without trying, in fact I ran a 45 minutes 10k in training this week and described it as easy. 

Goals for 2016 are to keep the weight off, stay healthy and run. I would like to shed a little bit more weight but hopefully my running goals will help me achieve that. So running goals: 
  • Sub 18 minute 5k - this is a tough target but I think I can do it 
  • Top 5 at parkrun, ideally a podium or a win. 
  • Sub 40 minute 10k (only have one 10k booked in at the moment so might require a second one) 
  • Sub 100 minute half marathon
  • Reach 50 parkruns, I would ideally like to run over 40 this year, I would say 50 but know I will be missing a few for various commitments.
  • Allow Amelia to do some more running.
  • Sign up for my first marathon, Brighton 2017 
The second to last point is to remind me that speed is not important, just having fun and inspiring others is. Amelia loves to run but doesn't get the chance to do it outside as much as we would like. The rest should be achievable and there is a back-up 10km race I can sign up for in November if I decide I really want to achieve that goal. The goals may need to be changed like they were this year, after running around 23 minutes for 5k in June I changed my goal to a sub-20. 

Have fun in 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment