Sunday 24 May 2015

Low Carb Holiday

I am just coming to the end of a holiday, well break away to attend a conference. This was nevertheless time spent away from home and time where I was not in control of my meals and I wanted to try and stick to low carb. 

To some extent it was easy and at other times I had to push to get what I needed. 

Breakfast was easy, I just bought bacon and eggs and one day ended up having this for dinner. One evening I cooked sausages and so again it was easy, the hardest time was when we were out. 

At lunch I went to the caterers and asked for me low carb meal and was given a sandwich! Um no thanks, I said this was not good enough and really was not low carb. So after a bit of talking I ended up going to the local shop and then bought lunch for me, the same thing happened on the second day. 

The dinner out was another issue. We arrived at the restaurant and starters were handed out and there was nothing low carb in them, at this point I was not concerned but more annoyed and this continued when the first course was some pie, again no low carb despite my warning in advance. In the end they sorted me out with a steak for dinner, it was ok but I literally just had a steak as nothing else was any good. It was a good steak and it did fill me up for the rest of the evening. 

I am now about to head back to the airport and have my meat and lettuce ready to go for my lunch and dinner and then I will be back on home soil and back in control. 

On the positive side I was able to go for several runs whilst I was out and it was a really nice area to run in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment